Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Oh, Right. I'm Supposed To Feel That.

I was engulfed in a work project this morning; sorting and organizing.

Then I heard a muffled BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! from my purse. I know that alarm - that's a you're-low-and-haven't-been-paying-attention-to-me yell from Jim.

Except I wasn't feeling anything resembling that eating a horse, on a rollercoaster, while drunk experience. Hmm.

I pulled out my meter, instead of the CGM, to do some fact-checking first.


Well, I'll be darned!
 As soon as I saw the 58 mg/dL flash on the screen, the low symptoms rode in. On a speeding train. At 80 miles per hour.

Why do my symptoms sometimes show up only after I see the proof on the meter or CGM screen? Is it that my body suddenly feels a need to ask permission to feel like crap? Is the panic of seeing such a low number a tipping point of some sort?

Will I ever know the answer to these sorts of diabetes mysteries? 

Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment