Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What?

When you do "what you're supposed to do", diabetes is supposed to play along - isn't that what we're always told? - but we all know that isn't always the case.  And yet, sometimes you do "what you're supposed to do", and it goes inexplicably well.  Without the benefit of hindsight, you never know for sure which way it's going to end up.

In fact, some days, things go so well that I start questioning the accuracy of my equipment, instead of congratulating myself on my success.  And the last 10 or so hours have been exactly that way, folks.



I didn't take a picture of what preceded this, but I should have - a very ugly spike, up to 359.  For some reason, I chose The Plague for dinner, thinking I could conquer it.  I could not.

I felt tired, grumpy, and frustrated.  My brain was telling me, quite obnoxiously, "I told you so!"  I rage bolused my way out of that BS (and "BS" does not stand for "blood sugar" in this case), and expected the usual rebound low - but it never came.  Instead, I had that flat line you see on the left of the screen all night. 

To amplify my confusion, my daily breakfast and coffee routines produced little in the way of ramifications.  Coffee always makes me spike.  Multiple blood tests confirmed this anomaly.

How? Why? I have no answers.






No comments:

Post a Comment