Monday, December 17, 2012

#GiveAllTheThings: A Tote For Your Tummie.

UPDATE: This contest is now closed. Congratulations to the winner of the Tummietote:

Briley: I would use the tummietote for running, skiing, tennis and especially walking. I have been thinking of investing in one of these, but I haven't gotten around to investigating!

And huzzah! to the winners of the ID wristbands:

Laura: The Tummietote would be perfect for my girls when marching in the local parades.

Kelly Harp: I could totally see my daughter wearing this when she dances with Just Dance 4- her Christmas gift ;-) She's such an active girl this would help keep her pump still.

Michelle A.: I would love to use this for running my 5K through the Lincoln Tunnel in April! This would also be great for whenever I am at the gym - I wind up disconnecting for my cardio classes and worrying about correcting for highs later. I can't believe I could Zumba and keep my pump connected! This is too awesome! :)

Please email me at textingmypancreas (at) gmail (dot) com with your mailing addresses!
* * * * *

Products: One Tummietote belt with a clear view window (retails for US$35; pick any size or color/pattern you'd like) and three Tallygear ID wristbands (retails for $7.95; medical or personal ID - your pick) - there will be four winners today!


Made possible by: Tallygear

Why you want this: First, I want to make a disclosure on this giveaway - Donna from Tallygear offered to send me a free Tummietote and Tallygear ID wristband, in addition to sponsoring this giveaway. (This is the only sponsor that has sent something specifically for me to keep.) I've never seen her products in person, but I know that many of my buddies with diabetes use and love them, and that's good enough for me. I very much appreciate Donna's double generosity with this giveaway, and I'm anxious to see her stuff in person!

Here are some details on the Tummietote up for grabs:

  • The Tummietote belt is a lightweight, soft-sided small personal item storage belt. It can be used to carry many tech devices (insulin pump, CGM-continuous glucose monitor, cell phone, personal music player) along with many small items (cash, credit card, keys, snacks, testing supplies) securely and discreetly.
  • The belt is made from the highest quality spandex/nylon/lycra fabric, and has (3) six inch storage pockets with heavy duty velcro closures. The belt also has a six inch adjustable heavy duty velcro waist closure and it is approximately 3 inches wide. The belt comes in 4 sizes to fit 18" to 44" waist. Custom sizes are made.
  • The Tummietote has some stretch to make the belt extremely comfortable to wear around your waist or on your hips. It can be worn as an accent to your outdit as a layered look or it can be hidden very discreetly and comfortably under your clothing.
  • The Tummietote belt is also offered with 1 or 2 optional clear view vinyl windows so that you can view your tech device without ever taking it out of the pocket, saves time and is less of a hassle when you are pressed for time. Adjustments to your insulin pump, cellphone, Ipod, Iphone, CGM can be made directly through the heavy duty double polished pliable vinyl window. The size of the window is 1 3/4" width x 3" length made of 20 mil heavy duty clear view pliable vinyl.
The ID wristband has a pull-out tag that can be customized with your information - find out more about those here.


To enter today's contest: Leave a comment on this post telling me what kinds of activities you'd use a Tummietote or ID wristband for! Personally, I'm seeing Dance Central 3, cleaning house, and shoveling snow (we are going to get snow before the month is over, right?) as some ideal Tummietote situations.

Make sure your comment is time-stamped before 7:00pm CST. This contest is open to all - not just U.S. addresses! Remember that Give All The Things! is intended for people living with diabetes (and their caregivers).

For more information on what "Give All The Things" is about, visit the original post.

No comments:

Post a Comment