Thursday, May 5, 2011

Yeah, About That.

A few people have asked me, "Hey, wasn't your half-marathon last weekend? How did that go?", so this is the post where I have to tell you that...

I didn't do it.

And that I feel like a total loser about it. (I didn't really want to talk about it, but here I go anyway.)

There were a lot of reasons to sit this one out - this almost two-week-old cold I have (Proof: Aaron mistook my breathing last night for insulin pump bolus delivery sounds. You know, that exhaling "wrrrrr" sound? Yeah. Apparently I breathe like that.); the fact that I hardly trained at all; the fact that it was at 7:00 am (that's so early!).

Even though those first two reasons are fairly legit (and the first one definitely is), I can't help but feeling like a total Lamepants about it. (Not to be confused with Lame' pants.) Maybe I could have done it anyway. Maybe I could have pushed through; done at least half the distance instead of not trying at all. But I didn't.

I thought that registering for the marathon again would motivate me to exercise often to prepare for it - instead, I kept trying to rationalize with myself that "I did it last year, and it wasn't so bad - I'll start tomorrow."

And then it became too late. And then I got sick.

Not doing the half-marathon isn't something I'm proud of; in fact, I'm a bit ashamed about the whole thing.

Ugh.

Dammit, Kim...

On the bright side, I did finally get back on the elliptical last night, I've started to cut back on the daily coffee intake (somehow it tripled recently... whoops), and my fasting number this morning was finally below 200 (almost two weeks of that crap each morning), so... small victories.

No comments:

Post a Comment