Friday, August 12, 2011

It Is What It Is.

Some days, I'm super confident.
Some days, I'm super NOT.
Every once in a great while, I think I might be "cured":


Then comes a day that reminds me that I'm most certainly not.


I'm not perfect at this, and I likely never will be...
But I'm getting around to being perfectly okay with that.
I make a lot of mistakes - but, I would bet that you do, too.
Sensors fail; boluses (bolusi?) don't match up; fingers won't bleed.
Food choices; exercise - never quite "right".
My body behaves in ways that betray me - Stop shaking so hard; pull it together; I don't care if you're low and at work and feeling helpless - you're embarrassing me.

It is what it is, and I can only do my best.
And even when what I'm doing doesn't seem my best - it really is; right then. You know?

I will take diabetes seriously, but not myself.

I will refuse to let this consume me.

No comments:

Post a Comment