Wednesday, June 15, 2011

You Can Do This - Kim's Video.

I'm standing on the edge of a cliff again. Looking ahead; toes wiggling in the breeze.

You know that feeling, don't you? The butterflies; the sweaty palms; the fluttering heartbeat. You're on the cusp of something big - it's almost here, but not quite yet - and whether your jump will be successful or disastrous is yet to be seen.

You hope it can do some good. You hope it won't come back to bite you.

Some would call it a "leap of faith". Some would call it "risky".

I call it telling my story.

My hope in doing so is to reach someone who needs to hear what I've done, and what I've been through, and that I'm here now - in this wonderful, amazing, imperfect life that I'm totally in love with. I wanted to make a video for the kind of person I was, way back when. Maybe that person is you, or someone you love. Maybe it isn't.

But if you are on the same part of the road I'm talking about here, I want you to know that I've walked there, too. I want you to know that I'd like to take your hand and help you walk just a little bit farther, down to the part of the road where things have gotten so much better.

So here I am, taking that leap.



This is why I wanted to start the You Can Do This Project. Not so I could upload a video of myself crying for six minutes - though, that happened anyway (yikes) - but because these are stories that will have value for others.

I can't wait to watch and read everyone's entries today!

No comments:

Post a Comment