Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Seeing Diabetes Everywhere.

Last weekend, Aaron and I decided to go out for some late-evening dessert and coffee.

We headed to one of our favorite places; a restaurant/bar combination. We were there late enough, and it's just far enough away from downtown that it wasn't heavily populated. Aaron and I sat at the bar; looked over the dessert list. I closed my menu and took a look at the bar in front of me.

Lots of colorful bottles; backlighting; glowing screens; sparkly glasses.

And then I noticed something.


Can't see it? I know; it's dark. Really dark. (Hey - it's a bar.)



How about now?


Let me show you in broad daylight.

My first thought? And I'm serious, here...

"Oh, someone was low."

...

Then I answered myself, "Wait, check that... probably a mixed drink." And then I felt kind of silly.

Diabetes will never leave my brain alone, will it?

No comments:

Post a Comment