Thursday, March 24, 2011

Planning A Party.

In about a month, I'll be marking my silver anniversary with type 1 diabetes.

Thing is, I've never "celebrated" a diaversary (diabetes annivesary) before, so I'm not sure what I want to do, or how. Last weekend I told the room of JDRF volunteers at Government Day, in my introduction, that I plan to celebrate with cupcakes - and I totally will. (I've been looking into ordering Crumbs - because, dammit, I still haven't had one of those infamous cupcakes of theirs!) But past that - I have no plans.

credit
My diaversary coincides with Easter weekend, which makes it a little hard to organize a party. Or... maybe that means there's a built-in party involving Peeps, jelly beans, and Cadbury creme eggs?

I'm hoping it also means that my pancreas will rise from the dead, but I'm not sure that falls within the Easter Bunny's scope of abilities.

So in case it doesn't, I need some help in the form of ideas from you guys on how to mark the occassion. If you've celebrated a diaversary before, what did you do? Who did you celebrate with? Were there unicorns involved? Just me? Okay.

Please leave a comment and help me with some ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment