Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Focus, Kim.

When I removed my two-day-old insulin pump infusion site last night, I received the surprise of my biggest "gusher" to date. I bled through six paper towels, people.  (SIX!) After several minutes, I ended up with a big gauze-reinforced band-aid over it, as I was tired of holding paper to my stomach.

I couldn't believe how much blood I'd lost. And like any good diabetes blogger, my first thoughts were, "Where's my camera?", "I should Tweet about this", and "This is what I'm blogging about tomorrow".

"Dude.  I'm right here."

But while I was busy being "excited" about this, I forgot something very important. Something I wear all of the time, that feels as much a part of me as a robot pancreas can.

I forgot to reconnect myself! My lonely Ping just sat there, right next to my laptop and unattached to anything, for the next 45 minutes.

How do I even do that?



No comments:

Post a Comment