Saturday, November 13, 2010

Old School Flashback.

Recently, I came across something I thought you guys might get a kick out of seeing.  A piece of the past, so to speak.

It's a posterboard I made back in grade school, shortly after I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.  We had a science fair at school, and since my newly-found disease was new to most everyone in my class, I decided to teach them a bit about what diabetes was, and what having it meant for me. 

Ah, how things have changed since the late 80's!

So I was correcting above 110 even
back then?  Huh.  Also, please notice my
shout-out to the Babysitters Club book
series at the bottom.  Stacey 4 life!


Soooo glad we do carb counting now. 
It's a lot easier than that ADA
exchange diet stuff.

Wasn't I a wee bit young to be doing shots? 
....Oh, wait, of insulin.  That makes more sense.


No comments:

Post a Comment