Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Happy Diabetes Art Day!

 
The Piece: Take Me Away, By Kim

The Medium: A blank page from an old sketch book (it's got to be at least 10 years old), and automatic pencil. My old art supplies must still be at my parents' house.

The Message: I rely heavily on my robot parts (my insulin pump, and Jim the Dexcom CGM) to save me on a daily basis. By working together, those two have helped me lower my A1C from the mid-8's to 6.5, which hopefully saves me from that scary dude on the left (that villian, Complications). Jim leads the way, as you'll notice that his finger points in an even-farther-away direction from Complications. He also has a sweet downward-arrow hairdo. All the kids are doing it!
The Idea's Origin: Lee Ann Thill of The Butter Compartment proclaimed that September 1st, 2010 is the first annual Diabetes Art Day. I'm looking forward to browsing around the DOC today to see what everyone came up with! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment