Friday, January 3, 2014

Review: Asante's Snap Insulin Pump.

Disclosure: This review was written by me, and was not edited or approved by Asante. I was not monetarily compensated for this review, and opinions are, as always, my own. Also, I must be on a Kristin Wiig kick because I feel a little like Aunt Linda with all of these 'review' posts. "I give it four 'BEEP BOOP BEEP!s!' and an 'Oh, Brother'!")

In my recent search for a new insulin pump, I was able to try out Asante's Snap for a few weeks. (They offer a free trial to those who qualify.) I mentioned this in an earlier blog post, pointing out some "first impressions".

I know the screen looks hard-to-read here - rest assured, this is the
"dim" screen, right before it falls asleep. The screen is much brighter
while you're interacting with it.

Now that I've had a good amount of time to educate myself on how it works, and specifically how it would work for me, I'd like to share a few thoughts.

So, if you don't mind dedicating 14 minutes of your life to watching me talk, here's my review:





(And if you don't want to/can't watch the video, here's the take-away: I really loved wearing it and how the Snap functions, but it's missing a few items on my "Top Ten" of insulin pump features, so in the end I didn't choose to buy it. It's a great pump that I would recommend to others, and who knows - maybe future iterations can include the features I missed.*)

I also did a shorter video showing just how the super easy cartridge change-outs works, since that's one of the main features Asante likes to point out about the Snap. I found it to be as simple as they make it seem.





If you'd like to try out the Snap too, contact Asante and see what's up.

Now for a few days without blogging. Vlasnik OUT!

*Two things: the bit about not having a touch bolus option? I was uninformed! The Snap can do that; I just didn't have my demo pump programmed to do it. And second: the "no software" problem has now been resolved; Snap is compatible with Diasend software. Huzzah!



No comments:

Post a Comment