Friday, February 22, 2013

Disclosure Update.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...[Side note: I love being able to title a post this way, because it tends to mean something exciting!]

image credit
At the end of last month I made a fairly important update to this site's disclosure policy, but I know that unless this is your first time here, you're probably not reading that puppy very often. And so, in the spirit of transparency and "things I think you should know about me", I'd like to elaborate on it a bit.

At the end of last year, a guy who had an idea for a new health startup contacted me to see if I'd be interested in being a part of the diabetes side of it. We've had some really good conversations, and the more I think about what this idea can become, the more excited I am that I get to be part of it. That's a good thing, too, since I signed a short-term consulting contract (read: they're paying me) with them last month. (!)

Because the company is so new and still finding its identity/brand/mission/whatevs, it's hard to specify just what exactly my role is there yet, but I can tell you this much and hope to have more information for you soon: the company is called Whitewater Health, and we're creating personal information platforms for people living with chronic disease. Diabetes is the first "thing" we're working on, and I feel very lucky to be part of this - and I hope the relationship can continue for quite some time.

This is something that I'm doing part-time for now, from home, in addition to my regular full-time job, so things have gotten a little busier around here! And if the relationship changes or when I'm finally able to elaborate a bit, you guys will be the first to know. It's important to me that I make clear the relationships I have with those in the diabetes industry to you guys - everyone has biases, and I don't feel I'm doing things the right way if I don't disclose what mine are.

So there you are, and Happy Friday. (Aaron and I - okay, mostly Aaron - will be digging ourselves out of several inches of snow this morning - who's ready for spring??!)


No comments:

Post a Comment