Monday, October 15, 2012

What I'm Reading.



Good morning! I've been wicked behind on d-blog reading lately, and I'm attempting to catch up a bit. I'm also attemping to silence all of the beeping around me (accidental cell phone alarm that I don't remember setting, Dexcom "callibrate me NOW" beeps, insulin pump low cartridgeness). Pass the coffee, pls.

  • I Don't Think You Know, from Ellie at Oddly Ironic: Living with what she describes as "severe reactive hypoglycemia... or so they think... we're really not sure at this point", she finds that a low moment gets mistaken for a "feel sorry for me" moment by someone at a friend's party. Awkward.
  • 31 Days: The Dish Drainer, from Zakary at Raising Colorado: For similar reasons that I have an addiction/need to limit my time with things like Pinterest and Real Simple magazine, I've been glued to Zakary's "31 Days. It's a Hot Mess." challenge. It also inspired me to clean out our coat closet and kitchen junk drawer last night. And I didn't even need wine to do it! Hats off to you, m'lady.
  • "The Hook" Brings You Back, by Scott at Rolling in the D: What wins, when it comes to the medical equipment you decide to use? Is how the data is presented king, or is it trumped by a less painful, waterproof option? Is it worth "more d-crap to haul and less comprehensive reports" if it means more accurate readings?
  • Eye Eye Captain!, by Danie at Danie, Diabetes and Dieting: None of us really enjoy those eye appointments, but Danie's recent appointment provided a welcome reminder for her of the goals she needs to work towards.
  • My only goal is to finish, by Victoria at VictoriaCumbow.com: YOU GUYS, she's riding 105 miles in Death Valley, CA this weekend. That's a scary sentence, let alone actual goal. Lend her some supportive words?
  • T3's - I Love You But I Don't Understand You, by Karen at Blah Blah Bklyn: This post touches on something many of us wonder, but perhaps don't say out loud: "How does a husband or a wife or a parent look at their loved one [with diabetes] and just say 'Well, I'm going to be as supportive as I can, but this is kind of on you' and then live with that?!" For the record, I'd be a terrible T3 too, Karen.

No comments:

Post a Comment