Monday, October 29, 2012

Something New.

Have you ever plopped a fresh infusion site on your leg and then thought, "I immediately regret this decision because the place where I usually clip my pump and the place where my infusion set is are the same place and how did I not think about that beforehand"? This happened to me yesterday, and I made a mental note to be extra cognizant of where my robot parts where situated.

The thing about leg infusion sites, especially, is that you can't let down your guard while doing everyday activities, like... eh... well, you know.

Original cartoon here.

Get my drift? Tubing gets tangled, certain items of clothing have to be precariously stretched, and you can't pull any fast moves.

Because if you do, FFFWWWAAP! You've ripped out your brand new infusion site.

The bright side of this story is that ruining that new site provided me an excuse to try something new (to me): an arm site.

I promise I wasn't trying to take a photo of my towel hanger

But, ladies, I have to ask... how does this work? Do you tuck your tubing under your bra strap? I feel like if I don't, tubing is going to be dancing around under my shirt all day today, which is sure to cause some interesting "I swear I'm not feeling myself up" moments.

Once again: yaaaaay, long tubing.

No comments:

Post a Comment