Friday, February 17, 2012

Gestational Diabetes.

Last night, a dear friend of mine who is currently pregnant with her first child sent me an email. Within the first couple of sentences, my heart sank. She has been diagnosed with gestational diabetes, and was searching for some "help me know what to do and how to not freak out about this" insight in the meantime, before she goes to see a dietician next week.

Admittedly, I do not know as much about gestational diabetes as I'd like. I pointed my friend to Diabetic Mommy as a resource, but past that, I didn't have much to share with her.

Can any of you recommend good resources for her, or advice regarding the journey she's now on? Past the regular exercise and good food choices that we all are supposed to make, what else can she expect to focus on? What will likely be on her checklist of things to do? What words of encouragement can we give her?

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment