Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Moving On.

R.I.P., old buddy.

Hey, Elle.

I can't believe we're having "the talk" already. It seems like I just introduced you to my friends not that long ago, but it appears that it's already time to say goodbye.

I knew you were older, but I thought you had a lot of spunk left in you - I guess I was mistaken. That accident you had a few weeks back (the one that left your "leg" broken) wasn't something you could come back from, and Aaron and I have kicked you to the curb. (Literally.)

I need someone who can keep up with me - who can teach me a thing or two, and push me to be a better version of myself.

You've probably noticed the new hotness we invited into the house last weekend - all clean lines and brightly-lit display; sitting there like it owns the place. Ms. Elliptical doesn't have a name yet, but we'll get there. I don't want to rush into things so quickly with her, as I did with you.

It's not that we didn't like you, Elle - you just weren't as good of a fit as we thought you'd be. I hope you don't take this personally. But, really - we only lasted about three weeks. We weren't that serious about each other, were we?

Oh.

You were?

Awkward....

No comments:

Post a Comment