Friday, September 20, 2013

Pregnancy And Type 1 Diabetes.

One of the most excerrifying (that's being excited and terrified at the same time, if you're unfamiliar) times of my life was being pregnant with my daughter. As a woman who has lived with type 1 diabetes since the dawn of time she was six years old, I'm familiar with the notion that pregnancies with pre-existing diabetes are complicated. Even when you're managing your diabetes perfectly well thankyouverymuch, pregnancy puts us in the "high risk" category and everyone freaks the heck out.

While it's true that balancing pregnancy and pre-existing T1D is a major challenge, what I wish someone would have told me way back when is that not only is it possible for someone like me to create a brand new human being who is totally healthy - there are perks to being pregnant and diabetic!

In that spirit, I'd like to balance out all of the "aaaaaah everything will go wrong!" with a little of what will go right.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...









No comments:

Post a Comment