Monday, July 22, 2013

Week Thirty Six: The Upsides.

Last week's post was sort of a bummer so this is my attempt at cosmically realigning my pregnancy mojo, or something of that nature.

Good Things:

  • I made it through 36 weeks of pregnancy before the inability to get a wedding ring on struck
  • Not being able to easily reach my feet has meant more pedicures, and I am very okay with this
  • Every so often I catch Aaron holding back a laugh (typically during a time where my belly is in my way to some degree), and when I ask, "Are you laughing at me?", and he responds, "Yes, but it's because you're cute", it then makes me smile so everyone wins
  • The hospital we'll be at has some delivery rooms with jacuzzis in them, which when it comes down to it I may not even use or care about, but for now it helps me think of this "getting baby out" process as a wonderful spa-like vacation
  • I can really fool myself into believing things like "infant care is a vacation"
  • They have a margarita machine at the hospital right
  • Okay back to topic
  • I have a straight A student in there - six BPP tests, all passed with flying colors
  • Speaking of colors, there's some debate over what color her enormous mop of hair will be - I vote brown (the ultrasound tech did a measurement on her hair last week [does insurance cover that?] and claims it is over an inch long)
  • People smile at very pregnant ladies more than I expected
  • While I may have momentarily given up on proper nutrition last week (three Oatmeal Creme Pies in one day - go ahead and judge because I don't care because pregnancy - and the second and third ones tasted like delicious, delicious guilt anyway), I'm pretty sure all the previous weeks of almonds, blueberries, and soy milk negates most of the grossness
  • The Oatmeal Creme Pies are no longer in our house, so I'm once again safe
  • It sounds as though ours and the royal baby will be sharing a birth month, so obvsly they will be BFF penpals
  • ONE WEEK LEFT!
Pure evil, in every possible way

No comments:

Post a Comment