Wednesday, November 14, 2012

CVS/pharmacy: Twitter Chat and Free Stuff.

A couple of months ago, CVS/pharmacy contacted me with a question: would I help give them some ongoing feedback on their diabetes products and programs? I'm still sorting my way through everything they sent me, but I wanted to disclose to you all that they sent me some free stuff.

I received a kit full of their house brand diabetes stuff (useful things like glucose tabs and a meter, and then less useful things like "diabetic socks" and sugar-free cough syrup, but hey, they're trying) and information on their verbosely-named "CVS/pharmacy ExtraCare Advantage for Diabetes Program". From what I can tell so far, enrolling in the program gets you lower prices on some items, as well as more "cash back" through their savings program. Sounds promising!

They also will be hosting a Twitter chat today, Thursday, November 15th at 3:00pm EST, in conjunction with the American Diabetes Association. You can join in by following @AmDiabetesAssn and @CVS_Extra, and the hashtag #DiabetesMonth. According to the info they sent me, this chat will "discuss proactive diabetes management, including medication adherence and using diabetes supplies"Answering questions during the chat will be Dr. Elizabeth Seaquist, Vice President, Medicine & Science, American Diabetes Association and CVS pharmacist Flora Harp.

And to get you (even more) amped up about the Twitter chat, CVS/pharmacy is sponsoring a giveaway, right here! You can win everything seen in the picture below, and I have three of these kits to give away:

Your breath will be minty! Your skin will be soft!
Your lows will be treated appropriately! You'll get a cute
and tiny meter with a test strip bottle koozie!

To enter the contest, just leave a comment below that uses the term "CVS". The three winners will be picked (using a random number generator) tonight from the comments that are left here before 10:00pm CST today! Check back on this post afterwards to see which commenters won!

UPDATE: I apologize that this wasn't addressed in my original post, but I'm now told that this offer is good for U.S. residents only. So sorry to my global readers who had their hopes up! :(

UPDATE: At 10:00 pm CST there were 38 comments, with 34 of them qualifying for the contest. Using random.org, I selected a number between 1 and 34 three times. 



Congratulations to:












Thanks to everyone who entered! Winners, please email me at textingmypancreas (at) gmail (dot) com so that I can get your information to the folks at CVS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment